Since 1989, the Lead-Acid Batteries Department of Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has been organizing of a series of triennial conferences on lead-acid batteries, named LABAT. These events bring together the international lead-acid battery academic and technological community to:
- share fundamental knowledge achievements
- present results from recent research studies
- discuss development trends, challenges and opportunities ahead
- demonstrate new products and equipment for lead-acid battery manufacture
- repot of new technological methods in recycling
- present innovative ideas for future development
- establish and develop successful networking with colleagues and friends
Each LABAT Conference held so far has attracted around 300 delegates from more than 40 countries of 6 continents.
Eminent scientists from academic institutions and leading representatives of research, technical, manufacturing, marketing and sales divisions from the lead-acid battery industry contribute informative lectures to this well-established scientific forum and all delegates are involved in most interesting discussions at the end of each conference session.
Traditionally, the LABAT Conferences are held on the beautiful Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
The 10th International Conference on Lead-Acid Batteries - LABAT 2017
will be held throughout 13 -16 June 2017
at INTERNATIONAL HOTEL Casino & Tower Suites,
Golden Sands Resort, Bulgaria